Single-use Plastic BAN
From 1st November 2022 - Sigle-use Plastic items will be Banned.
The NSW Government is banning certain plastic items in 2 stages during 2022.
From 1 June 2022, lightweight plastic shopping bags will be banned.
From 1 November 2022, the following items will be banned:
• single-use plastic straws and stirrers
• single-use plastic cutlery
• single-use plastic plates and bowls without spillproof lids
• foodware and cups made from expanded polystyrene (EPS)
• single-use plastic cotton buds
• rinse-off personal care products containing plastic microbeads.
Exemptions will apply in certain settings to allow the supply of single-use plastic straws to people with a disability or medical need. The ban applies whether items are supplied individually or in packets.
For more information or advice
Visit the website: dpie.nsw.gov.au/plastics-ban
Call the NRA hotline: 1800 844 946
Email the NRA: email@example.com